Drives truck following a route and time schedule and collect payments and/or signatures from acknowledgement of receipts from customers at the time of product delivery.
You will represent our company in a professional and cost effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Drives truck to deliver bakery products to customer's place of business.
- Able to drive safely and deliver products within deadlines.
- Collects money from customers and records transactions giving customer receipts.
- Writes customer orders and prepares invoices (off the truck invoice when applicable).
- Records sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record. (Route Reconciliation’s)
- Listens to and refers service complaints to Customer Service Manager.
- Places delivery where directed by customer.
- Collects or picks up empty delivery containers (when applicable).
- Packs customer orders and loads truck.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
- Communicates with other drivers and supervisors via Nextel radio.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, in English, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver's License
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10-50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.